Monday, March 1, 2010

Writing exercises

Bright like clear skies and a hangover.

Bright as the kid they shipped off to college two years early.

A relationship isn't a boon; it's a parasite. And that's not a bad thing.

Frank got out of bed and turned on his time machine.

The falling wasn't the bad part. The bad part was scraping his brains off the sidewalk and putting them back in his skull.

The clocked blinked 7:00am. Fortunately for Devin, he didn't believe in clocks.

He lived his life like a drum solo

Seven hours later, I came to in the public library, reading through my spam folder.

Smile nice and big for the camera, Billy! Some day you'll look back and lie to yourself about how happy you were.

He was handsome. The kind of handsome that made me wish he'd throw me over his shoulder and take me upstairs.

He was handsome. The kind of handsome that made me wish he'd ask me out, take me to dinner, bring me back for coffee, and still be completely caught off guard when I threw him down on the coffee table and ripped off his shirt. Yeah, that kind of handsome.

He was handsome, I guess, in the way a mother calls her son handsome but still doesn't want to screw him.

Nerf guns lack a certain finesse.

Black rain drowned our city, made it drunk with sorrow and hate.

Careless.... careless how he left the bodies. Careless how he didn't prepare. The whole thing reeked of careless.

The snow fell like bricks.

Blood drives are a front to keep the vampires happy. And I'm okay with that!


Take some time to exercise your fundamentals every once and a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice

I like what you've put up here

yummynomnoms said...

woah i didn't know you still kept up with ur blog!! :)

nice similes!